Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Viewfinder magnifier O-ME53 on a Pentax K20d
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Viewfinder magnifier O-ME53 on a Pentax K20d Reply with quote

Does anyone have experience with the Pentax O-ME53 viewfinder magnifier on a Pentax K20D. If you wear glasses, what kind of problems do you experience with it? Can you read the exposure information in the viewfinder?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this on my K-5 where I must say that I remove my glasses during shooting. No problems with information status line within the viewfinder. You should try it, it is not so expensive.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. If you left your glasses on, would it be a problem seeing the exposure status line? With my eyes, I may have to leave them on Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The O-ME53 viewfinder magnifier is permanently attached to my K-x, before it was on my *istDs, I like it very much.
For my eyes ( +1.5 for long distance view, +3 for near, detailed view )these cams have good enough diopter adjustment for me not having to use glasses and I clearly can see the info in the viewfinder.
To test just now I tried to use +3 reading glasses ( with the diopter re-adjusted, of course ) and found that I somewhat have to change the position of my glasses, which were touching the viewfinder, to 'lower' to be able to see the exposure info. Doing so full view of the frame will be lost, I have to readjust the position of my eye to 'higher' to again get full view of the frame. I found this slight adjustment very easy and fast to do.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This magnifier is magnificent. Sits permanently on my wife's K5. She wears glasses and has no problems with it (she doesn't use dioptre adjustment).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is she able to see the entire image in the viewfinder including exposure info at the bottom?

aoleg wrote:
This magnifier is magnificent. Sits permanently on my wife's K5. She wears glasses and has no problems with it (she doesn't use dioptre adjustment).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spodeworld wrote:
Is she able to see the entire image in the viewfinder including exposure info at the bottom?

Yes, but she rarely, if ever, pays any attention to it Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Olympus Varimagni also works on Pentax DSLRs. Got mine with a Olympus OM-2S Program photomicrography kit on Craigslist.

Varimagni instructions here

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Spodeworld"]Is she able to see the entire image in the viewfinder including exposure info at the bottom?

In my case, the short answer is NO.

I use the same system as Rolf, but then I need my spectacles to review on the screen.

Kuaan's system is workable, but slightly annoying.

I can see almost the entire image clearly with my glasses pressed into the standard K20D eyepiece after adjusting the diopter, but I assume that you have tried this.'Very Happy'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of these and when I broke it (my dropping my K10D with my DA* 50-135mm lens onto the rocks on the seashore -- don't ask!) I never bothered replacing it. I guess it is a personal thing, but I never found the magnification enough to be useful and I couldn't see the viewfinder information easily without moving my head around.

Just about the only reason I wish there was a "full frame" Pentax is the size of the image in the viewfinder. After using the LX, it always feels like looking down a tube...

K.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking for Pentax's viewfinder magnifier FB, couldn't find one, settled for an aftermarket one which was used once and now I'm back to the original viewfinder.