Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

AusJena Pancolar F1.8 Zebra Extremely yellow should i fix?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: AusJena Pancolar F1.8 Zebra Extremely yellow should i fix? Reply with quote

OK so today i bought my first Zeiss (well almost) an Ausjena Pancolar F1.8
Had a very stiff focus and was extremely yellow but i got it for an excellent price £15 from a good camera shop while routing in there junk bin.
I fixed the stiff focus by opening it and cleaning with a bit of lighter fluid and it is now good as new.
Now the issue is should i subject it to UV light as it is very yellow but seems to produce stunning results regardless
Here are the samples of the lens sorry just quick ones in the back yard no PP and pics from the mobile of just how yellow it is.
Despite the yellowing the colours seem stunning and 3d effect is impressive.
So should i subject to UV?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that peg shot, cracking image.

I have been using my Meyer Oreston 1.8/50 on my NEX-3 a lot, that is why I haven't bought a Pancolar, I love the Oreston so much.

That lens is pretty yellow, perhaps the best thing is to leave it on a windowsill whenever you're not using it then it should slowly clear up over time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The yellow colour is from a radioactive element that was used in the glass, probably thorium or lanthanum.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You camera WB do it's job, yellowing will be not visible on pictures.