Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Primoplan 58 after a more rigorous cleanup
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Primoplan 58 after a more rigorous cleanup Reply with quote

This was after my initial cleanup with cold cream and naptha (about a month or so ago)-The streaks did not go away.

This is a after a more recent rigorous cleanup using other methods-that may not be the best to share, because it might ruin your lens if not done properly.
I am quite happy with the results as the images have some pop, partially because of the weather. Its sharp even @f1.9 which all these images are.

Took the lens out today for a test-

Best regards

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice work on the lens and very nice pictures too, i like no. 1

Tomas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second to last one is brilliant...pop!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing transformation and the results suggest the effort was well worth it.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do share the method you used. If you are too shy to admit butchery, I would appreciate a PM Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your nice comments folks. I think it was a well worth effort.

martyn_bannister wrote:
Please do share the method you used. If you are too shy to admit butchery, I would appreciate a PM

Thanks for your interest.
I am going to cop'n paste what I wrote earlier-in case you scanned right past it Very Happy.

"This is a after a more recent rigorous cleanup using other methods-that may not be the best to share, because it might ruin your lens if not done properly.
I am quite happy with the results as the images have some pop, partially because of the weather. Its sharp even @f1.9 which all these images are. "

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primoplan makes such a bokeh feast!

I agree with Ladenia not to mention his cleaner Smile. Especially with Meyer / Pentacon lenses sometimes coating just peels off
together with fungus. But fungus is gone Smile.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Primoplan makes such a bokeh feast!

I agree with Ladenia not to mention his cleaner Smile. Especially with Meyer / Pentacon lenses sometimes coating just peels off
together with fungus. But fungus is gone Smile.

+1 Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 : Take care ! The inner surface of the front lens is very very very fragile.
Mine is clear and without fungus now, but with micro-scratches. & I'm obliged to use a hudge lenshood...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But may be the method can be useful for other lenses as well. Actually any intervention to the lenses can be potentially harmful. For example someone won't be able to put everything together after disassembling. So you can say you won't post the assembling/disassembling instructions because it can be dangerous.