Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Primotar V 80/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Meyer Primotar V 80/3.5 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: Meyer Primotar V 80/3.5 Reply with quote

jupiter9 wrote:

Quite beautiful rendering and colour.
Congratulations - it looks to be a very good lens indeed
Tom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pic!!!
Desatutated and beauty colours.
Which camera did that lens come with?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an interesting effect Visualopsins produces massively bumping posts of 8-10 years old. That certainly animates the forum and revalues the "forgotten" pictures. But that lets little chance for answers in some cases, like from this member who only left 4 posts 8 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one of these (exakta) last summer, and it's a blast to shoot with. It's way, way bigger than you would expect an 80mm f/3.5 lens to be, about the size of a hand grenade. It's much bigger than a Jupiter-9 for example, which is an 85mm f/2.

I love using it for macro.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
I got one of these (exakta) last summer, and it's a blast to shoot with. It's way, way bigger than you would expect an 80mm f/3.5 lens to be, about the size of a hand grenade. It's much bigger than a Jupiter-9 for example, which is an 85mm f/2.

Maybe it covers medium format?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
KEO wrote:

Maybe it covers medium format?

Yes, originally for Exakta 66: "It is easy to see with this lens that it is more suitable for a 6x6 camera than for the 35mm Exakta. That's what it was originally intended for - for the Exakta 66. When the Ihagee stopped delivering this camera at short notice, it was packed in a suitable frame and delivered with an Exakta connection - comparable to the 80s Zeiss Tessar. The 4-lens lens corresponds optically to the Zeiss Tessar, the medium format correction of course enables high-quality small image recordings to be made, which are subject to special requirements (enlargements, advertising photography)."

https://photobutmore.de/exakta/meyer/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
It's an interesting effect Visualopsins produces massively bumping posts of 8-10 years old. That certainly animates the forum and revalues the "forgotten" pictures. But that lets little chance for answers in some cases, like from this member who only left 4 posts 8 years ago.

8-10 years old with 0 replies

maybe Jupiter9 would've posted more had there been more replies. Forum was very active during this period --some real gems like this one deserve to be seen imho.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
alex ph wrote:

maybe Jupiter9 would've posted more had there been more replies. Forum was very active during this period --some real gems like this one deserve to be seen imho.

I agree, it s in the same category as Biometar 80 f2.8 for medium format. I va been looking for some time to get a copy of the Primotar 85 f3.5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say whether or not it was intended to be a medium format lens. Makes sense though. The front element is deeply recessed.

It looks like a little beer keg. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

That is true. Sometimes the lack of simple sign of interest heavily distracts the original enthousiasm.