Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Animals as seen by a Hypergon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Animals as seen by a Hypergon Reply with quote

These are from a great park (Potzberg) near Kusel/Germany - especially for my friend Attila.

Impressions:

And now "The Fighters":

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a nice series! This lens remind me for Tevidons, strong character , harsh colors I love all of them!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus
Tour de force demo of a uniquely antique lens. The effort to make it usable was clearly worthwhile, and begs the question of the distance modern lens design and construction (manufacture) has really come in the past four decades. Attila's comments notwithstanding ( and I agree with him in general) this lens performs as well as many of the most modern "top of the liners". I suspect "quality control" or its absence is to blame for much of the present day woes.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Well such a situation with live animals and a quite slow lens is certainly a challenge especially if mixed with these changing light conditions in a forest. I had to use high ISO because of that and this causes harsh colors of course. Nevertheless it still has some good resolving power (portrait of the deer and bird feathers are good examples).