Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma 20/1.8 this time on a FF sensor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Sigma 20/1.8 this time on a FF sensor Reply with quote

a unique lens, one to be liked for it s uniquess, more than for it s techical merits...

if someone else did some Ikea shopping it will know hot this box looks like:

another of my hobbies, sadly i have no time to complete it:

to get background blur, either you have to get very close with this lens, wich is easly achived, minimum focus distance is a few cm from the front lens:

or the background must be distant a lot:

some low light pictures:

it s good stopeed down:

a lot of fun, using it, "experimenting":

as always, check the originals:

http://www.pbase.com/tomasg_71/sigma_20_ff

and this time i did sharpen the images after i resized them, but i think Pbase does some compression, they look a bit oversharpened compared to the resized originals.

best regards
Tomas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if I had that lens, it would be my most-used lens. it allows whole new perspectives on everyday things. Great stuff Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it allows whole new perspectives on everyday things

Ah, i am envy, how a native speaker can say everything in one sentence Smile you know they say, that to learn to take pictures it s usefull to use a fixed lens, something like a 50 mm lens, well, i think this lens is pushing me better than a standard lens... Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
i think this lens is pushing me better than a standard lens... Smile

I agree Very Happy The compositions are really interesting. You have made beautiful images of things that would look very dull and boring with a standard lens.

Keep up the great work, I hope you share more of your photos from that wonderful lens Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a fun lens to play with. And great results too.