Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer-Optik-Gorlitz Orestor 2.8/135 M42 mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Meyer-Optik-Gorlitz Orestor 2.8/135 M42 mount Reply with quote

Today I received this lens.Once again the weather has been overcast/wet.The cats co operated when I explained their modeling contract... Laughing
Seriously I like this lens it looks good and feels good.It is the preset version you pull the front to set it (Thanks to member martinsmith for clearing up my confusion) with an incredibly smooth focus ring and aperture ring.
There is some slight fungus and what looks like coating loss on the front and rear elements (maybe separation?),that does not worry me at all.The coating looks blue.
It came with a hood which saves me finding one.I will post images of the lens itself when the weather improves.
http://forum.mflenses.com/meyer-optik-gorlitz-orestor-2-8-135-m42-mount-t43442.html

#7 My son took this one..he nailed the focus perfectly.. Very Happy

Last edited by mo on Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's startlingly sharp Shocked

Nice puddy tat too Cool

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a great, great lens.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks guys,It is one of those lenses that just fits right in.Without this forum's mentioning of its abilities I may never have found it... just love this forum! I think I got it for a good price as well around $60au including postage.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These lenses must have been made in their tens of thousands because, despite their quality, they remain very affordable. Their reputation as the "bokeh monster" seems deserved too. Well done you!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very fine lens you have there, you got a great deal to.