Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

500mm F8 Tamron Mirror
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: 500mm F8 Tamron Mirror Reply with quote

Took these shots earlier this year. Pentax K7. These are not handheld. Mirror lens is far from razor sharp, but as long as your not printing large, I think it does very well. What do you think?

I like the last one. Caught it just as it was fluffing itself up. Looks more like he ate 1 to many berries.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you shoot in RAW , sharpness pretty much improvable and details still there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good results...this lens is a beast to handle on full frame, let alone a crop camera Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first one.
The fruits are mulberries.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly nailed the focus here! Well done!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which model is it? In good light it is a great lens...so light and easy to handle.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shoots with a mirror lens. As Attila said before you can improve the IQ during PP a lot.
Tried to do this with the first image. With the original raw images there are additional improvements thinkable.
Hopefully you agree that I post your image back. If not I will delete this post.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely pic.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at work, so I don't remember what model it is, but I think it's the newer one. When I get home as well, I'll post a link to one of the RAW files in case someone want's to give it a go. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the images. I know I was impressed with the way they came out once I got them onto my PC.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. My version is labeled at a Tamron SP BBAR MC.

If anyone wants to take a stab at one of the RAW files, here is one for you. I'll leave it up for a few days. I'd be interested to see your edits.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40369808/1107_wildlife_012.PEF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, very sharp results and you have got smooth not very doughnutty bokeh out of it. I have used one for the first time today but was handholding and aiming for quite different results, compressing things for creative effect rather than using it for reach alone. It's definitely a lot of fun and a completely different type of photography to anything I've experienced before.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea to share RAW, thanks! I am in game Smile

#1 genuine straight convert from raw to jpg

#2 basic processing, auto-color,contrast, default sharpening and + light on central part.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots. Must be lens to lens variation? Confused My copy seems to be sharp enough!

Click to enlarge:

Last edited by stingOM on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, what software do you use? I'll assume Photoshop, because I don't reconize the term "light on central part" I only use LR, so some of those terms are foreign to me. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
Great shots. Must be lens to lens variation? Confused My copy seems to be sharp enough!

I believe there are 2 variants of this lens. If memory serves me right, one is sharper close up, and the other is better from further, but then I could be completely wrong as well. Nice captures BTW. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eccs19 wrote:
Attila, what software do you use? I'll assume Photoshop, because I don't reconize the term "light on central part" I only use LR, so some of those terms are foreign to me. Laughing

Acdsee 3.0 pro