Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 85-300mm c/d f:5 zoom macro PICS ADDED
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Soligor 85-300mm c/d f:5 zoom macro PICS ADDED Reply with quote

Soligor 85-300mm c/d f:5 zoom macro mount side of lens marked M/MD....I am new to this board and have recently acquired this lens (uncle passed away). Can anyone tell me what camera it fits and the value - if any??

Thank you,

James

Last edited by computerguyiii on Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's for a Minolta MD mount manual focus camera. Not sure of value, but I'm afraid it's not going to make you rich!

MD lenses can be used on Sony Nex cameras with an adapter, micro 4/3rds with an adapter and Samsung NX with an adapter. Some of these lenses had changeable mounts, but we'd need a photo to confirm if yours is one of those Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool...Unfortunetly I only have a Canon 30D so I will not be able to use this lens....Thank you for the info!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the pics of the lens....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome James!

Keep it for a while , current value is near zero, better to keep it than sell for nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a fixed mount lens to me. Buy a used Nex and make use of a family lens maybe Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its probably fairly easy to change the mount on that, if you want to play around.

You will need an M42-EOS adapter. Unscrew the MD mount, drill holes aligned with the screw holes in the plate of the M42-EOS adapter, and screw it in place of the MD mount. Use shims to adjust distance if you are concerned about exact infinity adjustment.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Grief!! I am two left thumbs (I apologize to all the lefties out there) - Way too much to do as far as moddin' it. Perhaps I will just hold for a bit - never know. It looks brand new too. Thank you all for the info.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I think aboutit.....what would the quality be like compared to a Canon 75-300 .....Do you think it would be any sharper on the edges than the Canon lens at 210-300mm?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very unlikely.