Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

any thoughts on nikkorex 35 zoom?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: any thoughts on nikkorex 35 zoom? Reply with quote

i've been very intent lately for numerous reasons in paring down and selling off expensive equipment i really don't use/like as much as i should. so it's a little wierd that i would go out and buy this cam today. Embarassed

true, it only cost me $10 because the seller's not sure it works, though his answers to my questions lead me to believe it should. but i have no nikon equipment, i wanted to try some, and i was not prepared to pay much money. since i really use primes almost exclusively, i thought it might be cool to try this cheap nikon and add a zoom cam to my collection, as its a fixed 35-70mm nikkor lens--the first nikon ever produced.

i havent been able to find out much on the web about it qualitatively. does anyone know anything at all about this cam? any info would be appreciated!
tony

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I've heard anybody say anything positive about it. And the one time I encountered its ancestory, the Nikkorex 35, it was non functional.

These cameras very rarely work, and the lens is nothing to write home about. In fact, I believe they were were actually made by Mamiya, not Nikon. Although I think the lens itself was Nikon (maybe?)

If it does work, then you have a pretty weird/interesting camera to play with.