Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta Maxxum Reflex AF 500mm f8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Minolta Maxxum Reflex AF 500mm f8 Reply with quote

Belted King-Fisher:

Great blue heron:

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Common Loon:

Canadian Goose:

Orange Bill Goose:

Horned Bill Goose:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resurrecting this topic, what camera was the lens on, I'm thinking it was a Maxxum ? But I'm not a Minolta man so I don't know the different models.

The main reason for my interest is finding out if this lens will work, autofocus, on the Sony NEX ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens was mounted on a Sony Alpha 700.

On the Nex cameras Sony has an adapter that allows use of all A-Mount Lenses- which are the Minolta & Sony AF mount lenses.

Sony's Page.

They have a compatibility section. The Maxxum AF 500 is rebranded as Sony 500mm f/8 Reflex Telephoto Lens. The Sony has been discontinued also

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that information, it's yet another option to think about. I've got too much stuff, and it's all different ! Rolling Eyes