Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Going to look at Canon EOS-1n and apart from "buyer bew
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Going to look at Canon EOS-1n and apart from "buyer bew Reply with quote

Well, it's all up there in the title. I've long resisted the newer Canon film bodies as I don't find the "big curvaceous plastic" as aesthetically pleasing as the earlier smaller and more angular metal bodied SLRs. (Don't ask me about my EOS DSLRs though which I will not part with)

I have seen a power winder equipped 1n which looks for all the world like a battery gripped EOS DSLR and I'm hugely tempted to go stick a lens on and see how it takes me. I know that there are batteries in the grip, I know the asking price, I won't know until I get there whether it comes with anything else or what kind of warranty/money back the vendor might offer. Judging by the condition of the body generally and the hotshoe especially it doesn't appear to have led a hard working life.

Some of you older hands here might have handled a 1n and I'm asking I guess if there are any known issues with this professional body please.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very heavy beast with the grip attached, but boy is it brilliantly easy to use and produces excellent photo's as the metering is practically spot on and dont forget the 100% viewfinder which is a revelation after cropped dslr's.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trev wrote:
Very heavy beast with the grip attached, but boy is it brilliantly easy to use and produces excellent photo's as the metering is practically spot on and dont forget the 100% viewfinder which is a revelation after cropped dslr's.

I agree, go for it - you won't regret it! I've owned one for years and wouldn't part with it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will love it. I have used one several times and was very impressed with it. I have an EOS-3 that I shall keep forever and they are very similar.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you specifically after an EOS 1? I was after a 1, 3 or 5, but I have 2 very nice bodies in the shape of a 620 & a 50 and no intention of getting the former. The 620 feels quite a lot like my T90 and is well constructed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You snooty guys with your EOS cameras! Wink Laughing

FL and FD lenses forever! I'm waiting on an F-1N to arrive plus
I have this one:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I have a T90 & AE-1 too

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin, you are redeemed! Smile

F-1N just arrived, quick and dirty snap:

Will post better when the motordrive arrives.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

Cool, that's a real cutie, Bill, ain't she? I've got a crush Smile.
Cheers, M.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Are you specifically after an EOS 1? I was after a 1, 3 or 5, but I have 2 very nice bodies in the shape of a 620 & a 50 and no intention of getting the former. The 620 feels quite a lot like my T90 and is well constructed.

Only the one sat in the shop window Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

Cool ...and with a nice lens (the 50mm is boring), before they go up in price the 35mm f2.8 is a nice lens as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

FL and FD lenses forever! I'm waiting on an F-1N to arrive plus
I have this one:

Hey you - don't be so harsh! Laughing Laughing

Oh aye, and this:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Tikkathree lets hope with your expanding collection and your new interest in playing with film, that Kodak doesn't start to topple the film world and it all comes crashing down Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Very nice Tikkathree lets hope with your expanding collection and your new interest in playing with film, that Kodak doesn't start to topple the film world and it all comes crashing down Wink

There is always China and Japan to buy from, plus Europe! I say this in fervent prayer. Wink

Thanks, gents and Tikkathree, all in good fun, that is a handsome assortment you have! Cool

The T90 is going to have to wait, had to grab this F-1N as it truly goes for silly money on the bay.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:

Hmm, yes, let's. More close to home my local photo developer has a mechanical problem in his gubbins and there's a delay building up in dealing with 120 film. It's great to walk a half-mile from work into a good old fashioned photography shop who do their own dev. I don't want to contemplate the alternative. All the supermarkets close by me don't have film development facilities.

I DO enjoy using film and learning how to try to get the best out of these old cameras. I do sometimes look across them all and wonder whether I actually need them all. Crying or Very sad I find that the best remedy for me is to decide which ones to dispose of - that slows me up!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the later 28mm, but don't really use it now I have the S1 28-90.

How did all this FD talk appear on an EOS thread?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tikkathree wrote:
I find that the best remedy for me is to decide which ones to dispose of - that slows me up!

AF is very useful with people that are moving esp children.......I really should get an AF camera but high prices of lenses put me off.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I have the later 28mm, but don't really use it now I have the S1 28-90.

How did all this FD talk appear on an EOS thread?

Makes a change from talking about Helios, Zeiss, Meyer and so on Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin, I'm afraid I was the one that drove the RV off the road
into FD country. Wink Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the camera has come home with me from a high street "turn your goods into cash" outlet, a national chain who actually provide 6 months' warranty Laughing Body, Power Drive Booster E1, batteries. Photos of the body and running reports and scans of images to follow. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tikkathree wrote:
Well, the camera has come home with me from a high street "turn your goods into cash" outlet, a national chain who actually provide 6 months' warranty Laughing Body, Power Drive Booster E1, batteries. Photos of the body and running reports and scans of images to follow. Laughing Laughing

Great pleased for you....I had a bargain with one shop, which was one of a branch of sorta pawn shops and in the window was a mint Canon FDN 50mm f1.8 for £2.97. Well off a camera FDN lenses appear jammed as nothing on the back works so I'm guessing that is why it was for sale cheap, dunno why it was an odd price tho'

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er, I think I'm in love all over again. Embarassed Embarassed

I love the heft of it, I love the sound of it, I love the controls of it (so far!)

I love that it takes EF L lenses and I've got film 1 going for development and cd tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My, that is a handsome camera, and has the vertical release, too. Cool Looking forward to
those pix!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, told you you wouldn't regret it!!! Enjoy. Wink