Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar f2.8/55mm walkabout
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Vivitar f2.8/55mm walkabout Reply with quote

Coming back from dropping off the car for a service the morning.....

100% crop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite sharp and good colours...
Nice results. A lens to keep Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macro model? Love the window and flowers shot.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All wide open?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad. Decent sharpness and colours, but the rendering looks rather flat. The images could do with a bit of PP to make them more lively (more local contrast and sharpening).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ducdao wrote:
All wide open?

No, f5.6 or f8.0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhamB wrote:
Not bad. Decent sharpness and colours, but the rendering looks rather flat. The images could do with a bit of PP to make them more lively (more local contrast and sharpening).

For comparison purposes, I try not to PP my shots at all apart from crop/gamma (if necessary) and resize for web. If I am printing them or asking for critique on the photo, rather than the lens, then I might PP.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Macro model? Love the window and flowers shot.

Yes, sorry, the macro model. As has been shown on this forum by far better photographers than I, this is a very interesting lens. Quite OK for a walkabout lens, but outstanding macro 1:1 performance too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AhamB wrote:

To me they look very good.

Not surprising because 50mm macro lenses are all good. I guess this is Komine lens (serial 28XXXXXX)?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riku wrote:
AhamB wrote:

To me they look very good.

Not surprising because 50mm macro lenses are all good. I guess this is Komine lens (serial 28XXXXXX)?

Yes Serial 28612175. Bought off the bay recently for an exorbitant price considering it's missing it's hand grip Sad but I have been after one for ages and they don't seem to get any cheaper, especially in native M42 mount.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
off the bay[/url] recently for an exorbitant price considering it's missing it's hand grip

Oh, please, Martyn. Fair price. I paid $88 for mine including shipping; roughly the same price. Mine is the Panagor f/3. I believe they changed the f stop to give the appearance of being a different lens. Very sharp at macro and not bad for intermediate distances. One test I did at mid distance showed better performance than Helios 44-2.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice composition and , colors. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have gone for this if I had a NEX.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110748788529 I wonder how it compares with the Vivitar.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me! The fruit shot is brilliant!