Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Odd Perspective - Ikoflex II (lever focus) - Ilford HP5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Odd Perspective - Ikoflex II (lever focus) - Ilford HP5 Reply with quote

I've always really liked my ikoflex. It's an older model, late 1930s lever focus. Uncoated zeiss triotar lens. It was my first medium format camera so there's some sentimental attachment to it. From the first roll it gave me this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10403737@N03/6000699790/lightbox/
This is a picture that still is quite impressive to me. It has sat in a box for some time as I explored 'better' medium format options. When I put it away the shutter was fairly sticky on slower speeds, there were apparent light-leaks, and the ground-glass was grainy and hard to focus in low-light. A few weeks ago I decided to remedy all of this. I serviced the shutter, I redid all the seals, and the ground-glass was sent to to be re-ground (by Steve Hopf). I have yet to edit all the photos but here's one that I found interesting. It's a fairly non-traditional downward perspective. Something that is quite difficult to do with a TLR. Maybe a bit too lomography in styling but still, it's fun. I'll add more soon but feel free to comment. Thanks for looking and reading!

~Marc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few more:

Double-exposure:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tree over the headstone that has Dawson written on the stone is a very well done composition. The tree looks as though it's branches are about to reach out and embrace the headstone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few more from the same roll.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the double exposure intentional? It looks that way. If so, lining up the composition so that both shots overlap in a visually appeal manner must have been a challenge.