Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Real or fake ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Real or fake ? Reply with quote

I came across this on the web.
Wondering if it is real or fake ?

http://www.2dehands.be/foto-camera/compactcameras/leica/zeldzaam-exemplaar-camera-115340178.html?show_markt_uitvoer=1&afd=foto-camera&start=533

TY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fake, seek a real Leica II and compare knob, button on top. Some old fake has value almost like genuine Leica at least here in my country collectors no they are fake but still like them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The give away is always the lack of slow speeds.

Apart from that, it will do what a Leica II will do.

Some of these fakes are beautifully done, some are a bit garish.

I have a hankering for a black fake Contax.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leica didnt make embossed cameras like this, the military used consumer models. The only way to tell if a leica was used by the military is to check with company records which serial numbers went to the army navy etc.

The big giveaway is the lens. Leitz would call it 5cm not 50mm

Fakes are collectable as fakes. It's just an old FED with lots of rework.

edit: Some cameras did have engraving on the back, nothing fancy, usually just a word like 'Kriegsmarine' they were often filed off or scratched over so you wouldnt know they'd been looted, kept by service personnel, nicked or otherwise unofficially purloined