Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First pictures with Meopta Meogon S 2.8/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: First pictures with Meopta Meogon S 2.8/50 Reply with quote

All images taken with Olympus E-PL1 and above lens. Aperture 11 and ambient light except ladybug image (aperture ?). Extension tubes of 16 mm and 30 mm were used. Hand held as I don't have a macro focusing rail yet.

Brick wall, the grout line width is approximately 1 cm ~ sensor height. Resized to 25%

Detail from above.

Coltsfoot flower (resized to 25%)

Detail from above.

Ladybug, cropped.

I am pretty happy with images. Lens was cheap (used, USD 60 with postage) and so was extension tubes (USD Cool. Macro focusing rail did cost something like USD 35 and led ring light same so total outlay was USD 140. I did order a 12-17 mm focusing helicoid too (USD 54) but as I will need it for my DIY lens project too I won't include its cost in this macro setup.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helicoid did arrive today. 12-17 mm one works quite nicely. Will test tomorrow.

Macro focusing rail works ok too.

16 mm of extension tubes. Aperture 11. Resized to 25%. With macro focusing rail.

Detail of above.

Now I need some lightning equipment ... .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not very convincing?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My results using the very same lens looked quite better than that.... (??)
It's lacking sharpness + contrast.

Last edited by kds315* on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your copy ok? Some of the pics have a long exposure time (bad light?) which may cause some unsharpness but not all. I would expect much more from that lens.

Last edited by ForenSeil on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you could get much better results with some good lighting....macro works without flash is quite a big challenge or you have to shoot with bright sun in the middle of the day Confused ....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens could have some haze inside. Take a strong light (LED) and shine through it from the backside a little from the side so your eyes don't look directly into the light! That usually shows that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
I guess you could get much better results with some good lighting....macro works without flash is quite a big challenge or you have to shoot with bright sun in the middle of the day Confused ....

Yes. Weather here has been windy and overcast. I have to do something with lightning. I have cheapo Chinese led ring light but the lens is with 30 mm filter thread and I don't have a suitable adapter.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
The lens could have some haze inside. Take a strong light (LED) and shine through it from the backside a little from the side so your eyes don't look directly into the light! That usually shows that.

The lens seems to be bright. Wind is problem, lightning too and I have to develop better cover for the aperture light hole.