Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Chinon MC 28-50?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Chinon MC 28-50? Reply with quote

Does anyone have this lens? Is it the same one as Vivitar of the same size? A search of the forum revealed nothing. I have been offered one, and want to know if it is worth using.

Cheers,
Graham

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Chinon MC 28-50? Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
Does anyone have this lens? Is it the same one as Vivitar of the same size? A search of the forum revealed nothing. I have been offered one, and want to know if it is worth using.

Cheers,
Graham

Certainly same : cimko made the vivitar 28/50 and cimko is one of main chinon supplier

Lens quality ok

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with PB, Cimko. This is my copy in CPC "Phase 2" (Combined Products Corporation) branding.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou guys, I will buy the one I have been offered Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much is it? There is the Tokina 25-50 too which is probably slightly better in performance and is available for peanuts on ebay.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
How much is it? There is the Tokina 25-50 too which is probably slightly better in performance and is available for peanuts on ebay.

A friend has offered it to me for 10 GBP quid which seems like quite a good price from my ebay searches. I hope it will be a good copy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the lens now. It's good. It has more flair and some low contrast against the light, but there are no miracles to be had for ten quid. I think a good lens hood will solve most of it. I just need to scrape through some of the black paint so the contacts on the *istD short enough to make the focus confirm work.

Best ten quid I have spent in a long time Cool