Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exakta 24mm f2.8 in Fuijca-X mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Exakta 24mm f2.8 in Fuijca-X mount Reply with quote

Iangreenhalgh1 kindly sent me this lens because it is in Fujica-X mount and he didn't have a suitable adapter.

Today was the first chance I've had to use it, but the weather wasn't very nice (dull and windy). I used my Olympus EPL1. No PP, just resize.

Most of these shots were taken with the lens set to nominal infinity, but I don't think the lens quite focuses to infinity on my homemade Fujica-X adapter. But depth of field looks pretty huge anyway.

At f2.8, the lens is a bit soft. Stopping down just to f4 improves things a lot and it is now nicely sharp. I took the first scene below at f5.6 and f8 as well. but you cannot really tell the difference to the f4 shot. (Remember the 2x crop factor of the EPL1 gives two stops more depth of field relative to the same lens on 35mm, so this is like f8 on film). There is a bit of colour fringing visible if you look closely, but it is in no way intrusive

Because of the dull lighting (and dull pictures), it is not possible to say if this is a "good" lens or not, but it has potential. Cheers Ian!

(BTW, is anyone else finding it extremely difficult to get pictures to upload to this forum? I press the "send" button but nothing happens most of the time. It's taken numerous attempts to get the pictures below uploaded. I would have posted another example, but have given up!)

100% crop @ f2.8

100% crop @ f4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it works for you Mark, shame about the dull day today (also foiled my photo efforts) but I like that bridge shot, nice composition there mate.

Looks like it's sort of middle-of-the-road, not awful but not great, look forwar to more shots!

No idea who made that lens, it's not the same maker as the Exakta branded 135mm I've seen, that one is Korean.