Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 17mm 3.5 on Canon 5D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Tamron SP 17mm 3.5 on Canon 5D Reply with quote

Hi,
I tested the Tamron SP 17mm 3.5 on my first full frame camera (Canon 5D mark 1). Please find the results below:

The saturation seems pretty good to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice on 5d. I like the mood.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens, I bought recently for my 5D Mark II. I like the colors but in the corners it produces distorts.

Look this:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with such a lens we have to expect a bit of distortion. It is an extreme design and I think for such an old lens it fares overall quite well.

Overall it was quite good for me to try my old wide angles on a full frame camera - I know now that actually around 24mm is the widest I want to work mostly with. You still a lot of detail, not too much distortion - the picture still looks natural. But I keep this Tamron for cases where I need to fit more into the frame.