Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cinetor lenses identify help request
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Cinetor lenses identify help request Reply with quote

I bought these 2 lenses for $20 at a local auction.

1. Cinetor 13mm 1/2" F 1.9 STANDARD, No.S 3504
2. Cinetor 1 1/2" F 1.0 Tele-Photo No.Y 648
Made in Japan

I would like to find out how much these lenses maybe worth. What is the name of this screw mount and where can I buy an adapter to fit on a micro 4/3 camera.

Any other info would be much appreciated. Thanx!

Last edited by coffeebitte on Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:20 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with identifying these 2 lenses! Reply with quote

coffeebitte wrote:
I bought these 2 lenses for $20 at a local auction.

1. Cinetor 1/2" F 1.9 STANDARD
2. Cinetor 1 1/2" F 1.0 Tele-Photo

I would like to find out how much these lenses maybe worth. What is the name of this screw mount and where can I buy an adapter to fit on a micro 4/3 camera.

Any other info would be much appreciated. Thanx!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to aboard!

I did modify your genuine title to search engine friendly. From now you able to send links , pictures it will be showing up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with identifying these 2 lenses! Reply with quote

Hi
i don't have a clue for what system are those lenses but judging by the size they are for 8mm cine cam. Looks like D mount to me.

Can you measure the diameter of the screw mount ?

PS:

D-mount size is:Throat or thread diameter 15.88 mm (0.625 inch) Mount thread pitch 32 TPI Flange focal distance 12.29 mm

Most probably the long one will be OK for micro 4/3.. with some vignetting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for your reply Stefan.

I have measured the diameter is approximately 16mm. So this is D-mount lens as you say it is.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I not expect any answer here, D-mount lenses are usually useless on micro 4/3 so out of most people interest , another negative thing is brand if not well known , most people also not so interest about that. Hopefully I will don't have right and we will know more about these lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that D-mount lenses above 38mm focal lengths can provide full coverage. Check out all the D-mount lenses GetDPI forum member 'hakkalo' has been using: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9786

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if not cover it not a big deal, today I did shoot with Angenieux 25mm f0.95 on Sony NEX it has big black circle on every images , depend from subject it can be cool really.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably won't find much on Cinetor. By the look of the lenses and the serial number and maker code. I'd guess they were distributed by Allied.
Do a search on the Soligor Elitar. You will get alot more hits. Note they used thes same style serial number and had the same maker code.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll pay you $30 for the longer one!

Laughing

D Mount, 8mm and the longer one may be worth more.

You might get a few $$$ for the smaller one until the Pentax Q succeeds, then it could hit $25 or so? If in good nick. Then the longer one could be worth $100+

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for all your replies. I have posted the lenses on Ebay.

I put on watch a similar spec lens (long one) and it sold for $300.

Hopefully mine sells for the same. Keep my fingers crossed. I had a $50 offer on it the minute I posted it but decided to go through the bidding process instead.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you have a bidder!

Well done!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pat donnelly wrote:
I see you have a bidder!

Well done!

the 1.0 lens sold for $213.50

haven't sold the small lens yet. wonder if I can get $100 for it... Rolling Eyes