Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 40 85mm 1:1.5 - M39 SLR version (alu) - SOLD
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Helios 40 85mm 1:1.5 - M39 SLR version (alu) - SOLD Reply with quote

Optic is clean, with no scratches or fungus, only few little pieces of dust inside. Focusing is not silk-smooth, but the lens can be easily used - I had no problems at all. If someone wants to have a perfect smooth focusing - lens requires some lubricant.

Body of the lens looks old, as it is the alu version, that tends to change its glossy look with time. There's a number painted on the lens, it can be removed easily.

This is M39, early SLR version, that is considered as being slightly better performer than its younger, M42 brother. The lens comes with M39-M42 adapter and front cap.

It is one of the first Helios 40 ever made - serial number 351.

Pictures:

Asking 299 Euro + shipping costs. The price includes PayPal fees.

Last edited by axer on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:41 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 00 in this case means this is a special item made for politicial party leaders etc. Oldest one has cm focal length label 8,5cm.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I think 00 in this case means this is a special item made for politicial party leaders etc. Oldest one has cm focal length label 8,5cm.

Then Helios should have been written in Cyrillic, and it's not.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about 249 Euro + shipment costs? Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter what kind of font is used it is very unusual version. Old aluminum body with adjustable tripod mount. All aluminum - not stained version have fixed tripod mount. Looks ugly, but mine which is already sold, was ugly too, but was razor sharp wide open in the center. It was marked 8.5cm, red Π Show some samples, please. Some of those lenses are "leaders of performance", comparable to the best 85mm lenses ever made. I've never seen Helios 40 with 3 zeros at the beginning of SN. Could be a very collectible item.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voytek wrote:
No matter what kind of font is used it is very unusual version. Old aluminum body with adjustable tripod mount. All aluminum - not stained version have fixed tripod mount. Looks ugly, but mine which is already sold, was ugly too, but was razor sharp wide open in the center. It was marked 8.5cm, red Π Show some samples, please. Some of those lenses are "leaders of performance", comparable to the best 85mm lenses ever made. I've never seen Helios 40 with 3 zeros at the beginning of SN. Could be a very collectible item.

+1 I fully agree, rare opportunity!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition. The number marked using permanent ink shows for sure inventory number. Lens was probably used to make photos in some of government own institution. It could be a proof, that lens was the selected one for special photographic/documentary projects.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axer

I am interested in buying this lens.

Can you send me email address where I can contact you.
I tried to PM you but I dont think its possible as I only registered today.

Regards
Alex.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexco wrote:
Axer

I am interested in buying this lens.

Can you send me email address where I can contact you.
I tried to PM you but I dont think its possible as I only registered today.

Regards
Alex.

Alex,

I answered your PM. The lens is reserved at the moment, I am waiting for an answer from the potential buyer. I'll let you know if it is available again.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alexco!

Sorry, I was a little bit faster...

But if you were looking a glass for use, have a look at
http://1835900.mijnwinkel.nl/?Group=M42&_lang=en

They had a little bit more expensive, much more visually
attractive objective - without weird serial number:)

Cheers,
Seppo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed, the lens is now sold, thank you, uusitupa.

Alexco - I also strongly recomend buying in above-mentioned shop. Maarten is very reliable, trustworthy seller. Grab that Helios!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uusitupa
Good Luck with your Lens, I need to be faster next time lol.

Axer Thanks for your help.

Im in the process of ordering this other lens that you linked to.

Best Regards
Alex.