Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor-Q 1:4 f= 25cm -Nippon Kogaku Japan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Nikkor-Q 1:4 f= 25cm -Nippon Kogaku Japan Reply with quote

THis Lens mounted on Sony Alpha 700, all shot @f4 :

Crop of above

crop of above

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a lens! Extremely sharp, no CA, great bokeh and colours, what's not to like?

I have been thinking of getting the 200mm Nikkor of this vintage as it is quite common and quite cheap, I think you just persuaded me to get one and also this 250 if I see one!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Wow, what a lens! Extremely sharp, no CA, great bokeh and colours, what's not to like?

I have been thinking of getting the 200mm Nikkor of this vintage as it is quite common and quite cheap, I think you just persuaded me to get one and also this 250 if I see one!

Thanks Ian,from the little I have used since adapting this lens- I am impressed with its color, sharpness and bokeh.
This is a Nikon Rangefinder lens made to be used with with a reflex housing.The 200mm in this vintage cannot be common, because they did not make one-hence you will not find one . The next one shorter/down they made for the Rangefinder was the 180mm f2.5.

Cheerio
Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see! I thought this was an early F mount lens, thanks for the correction. The Nikkor-Q 200 I refer to is the early F mount one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Ah, I see! I thought this was an early F mount lens, thanks for the correction. The Nikkor-Q 200 I refer to is the early F mount one.

No problemo. Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am impressed, beside your perfect compositions, colour is beautiful - this seems to be a no. 1 sundown lens

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

der einrahmer wrote:
i am impressed, beside your perfect compositions, colour is beautiful - this seems to be a no. 1 sundown lens

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent job on that conversion btw.

I have often bid on the Photosonics lenses but failed every time.

They had excellent stuff, Schneiders and these Nikons in particular.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Excellent job on that conversion btw.

I have often bid on the Photosonics lenses but failed every time.

They had excellent stuff, Schneiders and these Nikons in particular.

Very nice of Luis, it was pretty straight forward once I determined where to cut.
You should definately get one . I saw one from the same seller-on ebay.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is photosonics?

Did you take any pics of your conversion process? As an avid hacker of old optics, I would love to see what you did!

Also, does anyone know if the Nikkor-Q 200 I am interested in has IQ as good as this 250?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
What is photosonics?

Did you take any pics of your conversion process? As an avid hacker of old optics, I would love to see what you did!

Also, does anyone know if the Nikkor-Q 200 I am interested in has IQ as good as this 250?

The Photosonics web page.
HerE.
The link/tab that goes into high speed cameras will give you a lot of information.

My "not very detailed" adaptation is

http://forum.mflenses.com/nikkor-q-14-f-25cm-nippon-kogaku-japan-t42276.html

I have no idea how they would compare, IQ wise. They might both be geniuses Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful, many thanks. That conversion is a beautiful job.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleasure and thanks much.