Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander Brillant - some clouds with orange filter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Voigtlander Brillant - some clouds with orange filter Reply with quote

Hi All,

Here are some samples from my latest roll film camera: Voigtlander Brillant with f4,5 Scopar and Compur Rapid
The film is Fujifilm Neopan 100 Acros developed for 5 min in Rollei RHS.
Scanned with Epson V500.

I was using Orange filter.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them all, especially the first two.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely lovely - Neopan to begin with does this so well, and the orange filter is a nice touch. Brilliant Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are fantastic as a series and taken in whole. Great, consistent tonality. Raw sort of feeling in all. As individual pictures, they are not as strong. But that is just my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Is this the camera the lubitel was based on?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig 6 and 7, seven a bit more. It seems that the orange filter makes those photos.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments to everyone.
Indeed the Brillant was the design from which the Lubitel was copied.

It's a little bakelite camera, well there is no focus coupling - the viewfinder is just for framing but otherwise it's really nice.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Lovely lovely - Neopan to begin with does this so well, and the orange filter is a nice touch. Brilliant Smile

+1 Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The orange filter brings out the sky so wonderfully

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a cpl as well as it makes it very extreme, often too extreme. A red filter & cpl is just nuts.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all the series, but the 4th, 6th and the last one have something special.
Well done!.

Regards.
Jes.