Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor-Q 1:4 f= 25cm -Nippon Kogaku Japan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Nikkor-Q 1:4 f= 25cm -Nippon Kogaku Japan Reply with quote

This is a lens that had a Photo-Sonics high speed Video camera mount. Its been banged around a lot - I have converted this to M42 . The only thing lacking is a good tripod mount collar, but I'm looking. Very Happy
The lens has a preset aperture f4-f32, and was sold commercially as "Nippon Kogaku K.K./ Nikon RF Nikkor-Q 1:4.0 f=25cm MK II (250mm f/4.0) telephoto lens for Nikon Bayonet S-Mount Rangefinder cameras "-meant to mount via a reflex housing . They built an extension ring/ adapter also to mount it on the Nikon F mount reflex cameras.
Excellent source of information on the lens.
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/RF-Nikkor/RF250mm/index.htm

I received it with a custom Photo-Sonics adapter.

I marked the mount to cut for adaptation.

Which I had cut along n the knurled part. There were screws holding the bottom half down.

I took the old screws out- (#4/ 40) there were 4 of them and drilled holes to match on a M42 reverse mount adapter. I screwed the adapter and the leftover Photosonic adapter piece onto the back of lens.

I added on a hollowed out 2X lens extender along with the smallest m42 Extension ring. The lens focuses between 3.5 mtrs to infinity.

I bought the lens on ebay for about $40 after doing a lot of research,a few months ago-and have finally managed to add this to my collection. The lens glass in the front has a few marks which should not effect images .

Now where are the birds? Very Happy

Cheers

Last edited by Kathmandu on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to attach a custom tripod collar today. Tripod collar came off an old Continental zoom lens.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

super - how much ? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

der einrahmer wrote:
super - how much ? Very Happy

Cost me $40 including shipping. Very Happy