Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Blue tongue lizard and Flektogon 2.8/35
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Blue tongue lizard and Flektogon 2.8/35 Reply with quote

Some cropping and PP... as I got the exposures all wrong.This lizard was sunning itself so was rather slow and dopey which allowed me to move some of the grass around it for a clearer shot.I did get close with the flek... Very Happy Why is it you never have the right lens with you?!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moira, Murphy's law regarding the right lens right subject. Rather decent results of the lizard all the same.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, great quality, you were lucky he was sunning, lizards here don't let me approach less than 3 meters

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poilu...Blue tongues are fairly easy to photograph as they tend to sit and hiss then run.Being winter here helped as this lizard just laid there.

John you are right about Murphy's law... Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say slow and dopey, I say he's got a wicked hangover!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo, I am not sure that a lens of the quality of your flek can ever be the "wrong" lens. These are fine shots and especially so when done with such a short lens.

Is the thing poisonous? That famous Australian, Dame Edna Everidge, once said "Everything that moves in Australia is poisonous, and most of the things that don't move are poisonous too" LOL

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Tongue Skinks are great lizards. One of my buddies used to have one that he could takeout on a leash and such. They aren't poisonous, no. I've had my buddie's sit on my shoulder before. A wild one might bite, however. I like those captures just fine, especially the first and last.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Blue tongue lizard and Flektogon 2.8/35 Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Why is it you never have the right lens with you?!

that's why I carry ALL my lenses with me Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great captures! I love first one best !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys,
As for being poisonous, I think it is more the bacteria from the bite that may cause problems.I worry more that the cats would find it and hurt it. Sad