Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nine snaps from Pisa
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Nine snaps from Pisa Reply with quote

All taken with M9, Biogon 2/35:

01. Old quarter

02. Old quarter

03. Old quarter

04. Old quarter: "resign" Very Happy

05. Old quarter

06. Old quarter: roll over wheels Rolling Eyes Laughing

07. Old quarter: the crisis

08. Garibaldi-kebab Rolling Eyes Laughing (and dove acting strange)

09. river Arno

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great trip through the town. I was there some years ago
and I can remember some of the places.
My memories are not so positive because our
caravan was robbed there Wink

my faves #6 and #8

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb quality from the m9-biogon combo
when I go to Pisa, I just stay half an hour to see the tower and I didn't realized there was a town behind Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, you again show us one of those beautiful cities of your country.
You should be paid by the Italian tourist association, because you always make our mouths water and create the wish to go there in us.

I especially like the light in #6 and the 3D in #8.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys
Tobias, sorry for your caravan. Pisa has two faces, in the winter it's full of students due there are two big universities there.
So the town is lively full of young but honest people. In the summer there are no students and many locals leave, so the town is in the hands of the tourists
and of the thousands of immigrants and gypsies that populate the streets looking for "tourist opportunities", some of them honest souvenirs sellers,
but some of them to make criminal activities like pickpockets, car stealers, et c.
Police has no money and little personnel, so basically useless. Rolling Eyes
Much safer to visit Pisa in the winter, lots of young people around, concerts, street life (also nicer weather, not hot like now).
This season only good for sea baths. Wink
Carsten, thanks for your kind words, a bit surprised actually because I have shown the most degraded part of the city.
Poilu, I do the opposite of you, I have been so many times in Pisa (due to a part of my family living there) that I started to never go to the monuments areas Laughing

I don't know how many of you have been able to notice in #4 the protest of that citizen living in the top floor
protesting to ask resignment of Berlusconi government with a written cloth out of the window Laughing
Crisis has hit hard there, true it's acquittals season but I never saw so many shops either closed or selling all content at half the price like the window that I photographed in #7.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones, nice to see other shoots than tower + bunch of tourists and sunglass sellers Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice ones, nice to see other shoots than tower + bunch of tourists and sunglass sellers Laughing

I sum up to Attila comment Wink. Thanks Orio for showing us that non commercial/touristic part of the city.

We spent just one day in Pisa in our recent trip. The tower is a mandatory visit that can be seen in half an hour, but the city has many nice places to visit. There is small chapel where a spine of the Jesuchrist crown is kept, next to the river and some other curious places. And it's small enough to be affordable to walk. Next time will go in winter. Wink

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like images 5&6 in this series. Like the way the light cascades down the buildings

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Much safer to visit Pisa in the winter, lots of young people
around, concerts, street life (also nicer weather, not hot like now).

That's good to know Orio. I was already thinking of doing a late
autumn Toskana trip once. I know the area only from high summer
period which is full of tourists.

The problem with the robbery was actually not the things which
got stolen, because the most important stuff we had with us,
but they broke out the window of the caravan, and it was nearly
impossible to find a similar replacement part ... especially
with my lack of Italian Laughing

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Carsten, thanks for your kind words, a bit surprised actually because I have shown the most degraded part of the city.

I'm not too keen (only) of the spotless tourist areas but also am interested in the "backyards", areas that show that people live there.
And I think that those parts are more beautiful in Italy than they are in Germany (where there is a lot or rubbish on the streets in those areas).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Orio wrote:

I'm not too keen (only) of the spotless tourist areas but also am interested in the "backyards", areas that show that people live there.
And I think that those parts are more beautiful in Italy than they are in Germany (where there is a lot or rubbish on the streets in those areas).

Same for me, Carsten. I like unconventional views.
But trust me, there's rubbish in Pisa too. When photographer avoids it, this doesn't mean it isn't there Wink
Northern Italy is overall ok with streets cleaniness, but from Tuscany downwards, it keeps getting worse, until you arrive to Naples, where you can spot a house here and there around the rubbish Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:

The problem with the robbery was actually not the things which
got stolen, because the most important stuff we had with us,
but they broke out the window of the caravan, and it was nearly
impossible to find a similar replacement part ... especially
with my lack of Italian Laughing

Ah, I thought they did steal the whole caravan.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all fine shots; stunning 3D effect with the biogon ...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, you'll look back on these Biogon days and smile. Smile Love 5 and 6,
where's the Leaning Tower of Pizza? Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 could be a scene from a movie. The boy is running to deliver some important message...

I always envy this kind of Italian scenery. Finland is full of Soviet style element houses Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the narrow street scenes. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice ones Orio! The house wall are so prefectly vertical, I really wondered that it was shot in Pisa Wink Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all guys!

kds315* wrote:
very nice ones Orio! The house wall are so prefectly vertical, I really wondered that it was shot in Pisa Wink Wink

Hahaha!!! Laughing
Well, Pisan walls, but photographed straightened by a German lens! Wink
And not any German lens but the absolute best one at that specific task! :

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bad craftsman blames his tools, but the good craftsman makes them sing.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!! I hereby change original subject to

"Lessons from a Master Photographer, The Photo Tour: Nine snaps from Pisa"