Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Memories captured on Kodachrome
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: Memories captured on Kodachrome Reply with quote

As I said in another post, Rolf's posting of some slides from 1971 inspired me to post some of my own. My photography hobby started in 1971 or 1972 when I purchased my first SLR, a Kalimar with Helios 44-2. I credit that fully manual camera for teaching me photography. However, it was not long before I upgraded to my first Minolta, an SRT-102, then followed with an XE-7. The XE-7 caused some guilt since it was auto-exposure. My lenses were few, having only the two 50mm Rokkors that came with the cameras and a Vivitar 200mm, Soligor 35mm, and a cheap 135mm of some off brand.

Naturally, these pictures mean more to me in memories than any photographic value they have. I scanned most of them a few years back when I got my current scanner. Scan quality is far inferior to others I've seen in this forum.

This first picture was taken in late April, 1977 from our cruise ship while docked at Hamilton, Bermuda. Heather and I were on our honeymoon.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the best of my knowledge, all of my slides were Kodachrome, most were ASA 64.

Yes, she was young when we met...

I wonder, did I know I was messing with narrow depth of field, or was I just dealing with poor lighting?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was from the late '70s as my dad and I explored some tracks. I later found a picture from the 1930s of my dad walking the same stretch of track.

Me on a very cold day in the mid-'70s.

The day in July 1974 when I fell in love.

And so did she...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely slides -(smells of pitchouli oil Very Happy ) reminiscing days gone by ? thanks for sharing. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see these great family pictures! Thank you for sharing them!
Winter picture and beach picrtures are my favourites.