Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minox 35 GT
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Minox 35 GT Reply with quote

I think about to buy this cam to feed my curiosity, any opinion ? Experience ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Minox 35 GT Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I think about to buy this cam to feed my curiosity, any opinion ? Experience ?

I've got the GL version. Extremely compact, good lens though and meters well. Very good results. No rangefinder.
But the building quality is worse than I expected, mostly plastic. Still it's sturdy enough for normal usage.

A great carry-around in your pocket cam.

An alternative would be the Ricoh FF-1.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest Olympus XA over this Minox. I shoot with Oly XA when I go somewhere to party or don´t want to take a big camera, but the results can compare with shots from Olympus OM SLRs. I´ve tried Minox and the lens cover was irritating me a lot, so I left it.

Olympus XA
+ it has rangefinder
+ it has +1,5EV highlight compensation
+ has better lens cover - sliding
+ flash works great
+ the lens is GREAT
- doesn´t have filter thread Evil or Very Mad only way to use filters is to hold them in front of lens or make DIY holder attached to tripod mount Sad
- it´s BIT bigger (in reality no difference, both fit into your pocket)

source of photo: http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=4388665

Last edited by berraneck on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for compare them! XA is an exciting camera also still untested by me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the price on ebay for any of those is so low that you can test them and then choose which one to keep:)

also, I forgot to mention Olympus XA4 which has great 28/3.5 lens.. but no rangefinder Sad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
well the price on ebay for any of those is so low that you can test them and then choose which one to keep:)

also, I forgot to mention Olympus XA4 which has great 28/3.5 lens.. but no rangefinder Sad

Yes, indeed I think I will just play with them an let them to go. I have tons of excellent Konica compacts I prefer to keep those, but who knows which one will touch my heart like Werra 3 I simple can't sell it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

contax T* is also an alternative, also has 1.5 exposire compensation button, has zeiss planar T 38/2.8 lens, rangefinder, smallest film camera ive ever held, easily fits in front pants pocket. great images.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
contax T* is also an alternative, also has 1.5 exposire compensation button, has zeiss planar T 38/2.8 lens, rangefinder, smallest film camera ive ever held, easily fits in front pants pocket. great images.

and 10x more expensive at least, once I wish to try it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:

and 10x more expensive at least, once I wish to try it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i paid less than $200 for mine, but it came without the attachable flash unit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:

Sound is pretty good, I will try to have one , thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great little camera, used to be my walk about camera in New York. Very sharp, very small. I still have one but haven't used it in years.
I love the design.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
ok.. that´s _just_ 8x more than I paid for my Oly XA Laughing If I count image quality and price, Oly XA is 7x better camera:)

...well I´m not quite fair, because Contax has magnesium body, but for it´s price you may buy 10x Oly XA or XA and BIG bunch of films Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You miss the point Contax feeling Wink I love this feeling too, 200 USD is payable amount.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have Minox GL and GT, not used for years, it was my pocket cam many years ago. It replaced my Rollei 26 ?, which died during a motorbike ride. Handling is different, because of the plastic - you do not get any reference point on the mechanic - the whole cam is somehow wobbling. Pictures were good, today i think you have a battery problem for the models with 2 characters behind the 35, maybe someone has an adapter in the meantime. Some suggestions here www.gsteinbach.de/Tipps.htm