Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Praktica Nova, CZJ Tessar 50/2.8. Out of date Jessops 200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Praktica Nova, CZJ Tessar 50/2.8. Out of date Jessops 200 Reply with quote

The film has wonderful rich colours but terrible grain. The camera was an unexpected gift.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice colors indeed!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Nice colors indeed!

+1 They look very similar to colours I got with a roll of expired Jessops 200 Everyday Diamond film a few years ago:
http://forum.mflenses.com/chinon-ce-3-with-mir-24m-on-test-t8311.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compared to your shots, these have terrible grain. I suspect it may be down to the local franchise lab's processing, though the film expired in 2005 and I have no idea how it was stored (it came from Freecycle).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see too much grain in your shots, I would say it's perfectly acceptable. However, you've seen the full size versions and I haven't. Smile

I don't know the date of the film I used, but it had certainly expired at the time (2008). It was a kind gift from Carsten (LucisPictor). 2005 probably sounds about right.

The camera seems to be working fine too. The Nova takes a lot of stick, but I think it was much better built and more reliable than some of the later Praktica models, and I think the stop-down operation by the release button was a great loss on later models too. I've owned a Nova 1B since 1969, it was my only camera for 20 years, and it's still working fine although I don't use it now. I like the Tessar a lot. It's a bit soft wide open, I don't care about that, but at 5.6+ it's very sharp - heaps better than the awful Domiplan I had:
http://forum.mflenses.com/praktica-nova-1b-1967-t8864,highlight,+praktica.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nova 1B? Luxury! Mine is a Nova 1 and works perfectly. It was a gift from a friend and hadn't been used for many years. Getting good exposures from "Sunny 16" calculations is very satisfying.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful colour.

Sawadee krab. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you mrken.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never tried Jessop. looks nice to try