Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

$1200 for Tomioka 55 1.2???
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: $1200 for Tomioka 55 1.2??? Reply with quote

Just doing a M42 search on ebay and came across a Tomioka 55/1.2 listed for a buy it now of $1200 aud, is this guy dreaming or is it legit?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/120658481987

I am not the seller, the seller is over 1000 miles from where I live!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with it.
Note that it's about AUD as a currency.
If it were a Turkish Lira maybe the price would've been smaller. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't hurt him to ask. And who can blame him if he gets it? There are plenty of legit ebay sellers with inflated prices.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: $1200 for Tomioka 55 1.2??? Reply with quote

Ben78 wrote:
Just doing a M42 search on ebay and came across a Tomioka 55/1.2 listed for a buy it now of $1200 aud, is this guy dreaming or is it legit?

1- You can make an offer = the seller hopes 700/800 aud max
2- You can see that the lens is not mc = old lens
3- Whatever at 700 or 800 .. it still a dream but some people buy their dreams whatever the price

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me is "slightly" overpriced Wink

Regards.

Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's several listed regularly on eBay in the $1000+ (USD) range. I'm not really sure where this comes from when you can get a Zuiko, Pentax or Nikkor for half that or less.

But I do like to think I could make a 3000% return on mine if I really wanted to (Yeah right!).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously over priced. Sniff around long enough and you'll find one for as low as $350 is reasonable condition.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xjjohnno wrote:
Seriously over priced. Sniff around long enough and you'll find one for as low as $350 is reasonable condition.

Just one of the 'never sold lenses' trial never mind, I think a Nikon or Olympus , Pentax 1.2 perhaps even better and their price is not too crazy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this and smiled....I wonder if it will be relisted? Very Happy
Mind you I think it is Christmas and have noted there is a huge dump of lenses and cameras by one regular seller at interesting (Interesting in the sense possibly overpriced) BIN prices.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Mind you I think it is Christmas and have noted there is a huge dump of lenses and cameras by one regular seller at interesting (Interesting in the sense possibly overpriced) BIN prices.

Chinese buyers like to buy on half price usually, perhaps seller think about on this way. Advertise for $1200 and if he got an offer for $600 he will sell happily. I think easy sell price of this lens max $400.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold one on eBay a few months ago in an auction that went over $500 USD
and this lens needed repair (as stated in the listing of course).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
mo wrote:

Chinese buyers like to buy on half price usually, perhaps seller think about on this way. Advertise for $1200 and if he got an offer for $600 he will sell happily. I think easy sell price of this lens max $400.

I agree Attila...smart seller,leaves the buyer with an opportunity to offer what they would buy at. Smile However it will be interesting to see if any offers come in.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I feel lucky to be able to buy it for ~$150 ( 75 for the lens and 75 for a complete cleaning by a professional).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , you were lucky really!