Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nhill swamp
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Nhill swamp Reply with quote

Another set of pics from our latest travels, the Nhill swamp, lens CZ Distagon 18mm f3.5 @ f8 on the K20. Low 20s and a very warm winters day.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you are having the early spring temps as well...crazy weather!
I think you have managed to capture one of those grey gum trees in their "bigness" in the 3rd image.I don't have a lens that can capture their massive size and character.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Moira, what you might want to keep an eye out for is the PKA mount Vivitar 19mm f3.8, expect a price tag around $100 aud.
The whacky thing about this trip was that while bird pics were the main item of the agenda they weren't overly co-operative so the wide and macro lenses had a lot more use.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip...I am watching every wide angle that comes along...none in the right price range yet.
What was the macro used on? The Galahs are out in force and the King parrots are around town as well, I have not had any spare time to capture them Sad

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little native flowers mainly Moira. Must get around to posting some of the pics. Galahs were plentiful, as were sulphur crested cockatoos and corellas, but up quite high so not really positioned for decent pics.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice area and images. May be a little bit oversharpened or too much crop.
Anyway the weather seems to be better at winter in your country as actually the summer here in Germany.

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #3 as the exposure (for me) is better and brings out more colors. #1+2 are a tad overexposed and as Rolf mentioned, maybe a bit oversharpened.