Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M42 to EOS adapter that aligns @ 12 o' clock?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: M42 to EOS adapter that aligns @ 12 o' clock? Reply with quote

hello guys, could you help me out with this one?
i need a recommendation for an adapter on eBay
i have one for some time now with the AF confirm chip but the lens cannot be aligned at 12 o clock

i doesnt matter to me if the adapter is flange\non flange version or if its With AF confirm or without..
I just need it to align the lens at 12 like its supposed to be and sit on a film camera.

I also need a Pentax K to EOS adapter, itll help me out alot if you can share your experience as to wich one to get

thanks.

Last edited by Smoli4 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I got my adapter from Calvin (calvin83 on this forum) and almost all my M42 lenses perfectly align at 12 o'clock on my EOS camera ... Try to mail him, i think he still has some for sale ...

For what concerns the Pentax-to-EOS adapter, i have never used one because there is some surgical to be done on the lens, to avoid hitting the mirror of the camera (at least on the 5DII, i'm not sure about other bodies) ...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, thanks very much for the reply, ill try to contact him
since my post here, i've tried big-IS's (an ebay seller) adapters and they also inherit this flaw.
at least the non chipped version of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoli4 wrote:
hi, thanks very much for the reply, ill try to contact him
since my post here, i've tried big-IS's (an ebay seller) adapters and they also inherit this flaw.
at least the non chipped version of them.

You can find the link to the adapter in my signature.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little off-topic: Strangely i own two exactly the same m42-EOS adapters, ordered from the same company. One of them aligns correctly, the other one puts the 'middle' to the side.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you will get one where you can absolutely sure that the lens is at 12 o´clock you must buy a NOVOFLEX adapter. Expensive but he works.

Furthermore I have very good experiences with KIPON adapters. Cheaper than Novoflex but more expensive like other Chinese sellers. Depending on your location I can highly recommend this ebay seller

http://stores.ebay.de/taiyoh2010

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone tried one built by Trifoo?

I was willing to buy one today, but then the seller I was going to buy from closed both auctions. Sad