Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

18-105 f1.8 Can I use it on EP3?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: 18-105 f1.8 Can I use it on EP3? Reply with quote

Hi everybody

I found this 18-105mm f1.8 zoom lens it's c mount and I have c monut adapter for my EP3.Can I use it for videos or photographs is it worth 58$ ?

Here is the link:

http://urun.gittigidiyor.com/17-5-X-105-COK-OZEL-ZOOM-1-8-DIYAFRAM_W0QQidZZ43844518

Thank you

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get it and try.
It will vignette up to 40-50mm but may be useful.
most probably it will be heavy for pen body.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shyl!

It will probably vignette throughout the range. It may lose 30% of the sensor or so if you crop to exclude a fall off in quality. This means the effective FL would increase 17% so it would then be 21-122mm, or 42 to 244mm as 35mm equivalent.

I bought quite a few of these before they became so popular. They are getting more popular still! The price if it includes postage is fair, but two months ago I won a similar but not identicallens and paid the 1 euro as the postage from Germany was to be 40 Euro! No lens!

So for me that price is too high. If you buy it, you should be able to sell it in a while for more, as it can be much more useful on a Panasonic as they can degrade video a little and have no vignetting, but the FL increases by from 2 to 2.5 or so, depending on model. Then there is the Pentax Q on that it will give 90-600mm in 35mm equivalent!

You may find cheaper different c mount zooms if you wait. You choose!