Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First shots with Ais 200/4 (few more shots)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: First shots with Ais 200/4 (few more shots) Reply with quote

Taken on a Nikon D3000.

I don't usually use telephoto lenses so I struggled to find subjects. What do people use a 200mm lens for? Wink

Anyway, pics

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Yebisu on Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That first one is my favorite. I think the composition and focal plane work well in concert. The fourth, with the vines, would have been great sans the foreground grass blur, though I may have tried it with the camera rotated to capture more tree and vine. If the vines don't go up too high, the composition might also be improved if the photo captured the vines' upper terminus.

But, though it sounds like you don't use this lens often, your eye for how to use it is not shabby.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, just this morning I payed for a Nikkor 200/4
nice contrasty photos!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice color & composition, This is the lightest 200mm I ever tried.
I used for street shot
I like it for film cam
here's with Canon eos 650

talking by Atmaji's eye

in EOS 1000D
for building

street shot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the old pre-Ai version of this lens. It is full of dust & is beaten up but it produces photos with amazing contrast & sharpness even wide open. The bokeh is beautiful. this shot was taken on a dull day in the Cotwolds while on holiday in UK.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice chaps. I like that street shot and flower shot. It's nice to see the sort of results people get with this lens.

IAZA, you're right! It's so light. That's one of the reasons I bought it (the other reason was the price 1500 yen!). I don't like big heavy lenses, especially on my lightweight d3000.

Anyway, I had another go with the lens this morning. I'll post up the results later.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey, I had no idea this lens was so good! The AiS version seems have have particularly good contrast and pop, but all the shots here look great.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few more shots with this lens.

Thanks for looking
Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received it today and first photos are great!
Mine is nonAI so I had to convert it (5min of work Smile )

dragonfly photos are amazing!