Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Scanner on the way. Refurbbed Epson V500
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Scanner on the way. Refurbbed Epson V500 Reply with quote

Just got a scanner ordered. I went with the suggestions I got from folks here on the forum and ordered a refurbished Epson V500 from Adorama.

http://www.adorama.com/IESV500R.html

Hope it works out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend to buy a scanning tool from Axer www.scanassist.org it is great help to keep flat curly film.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I recommend to buy a scanning tool from Axer www.scanassist.org it is great help to keep flat curly film.

I have it bookmarked. Do they accept papal?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for the scanner - this is a very good price for it.
For the Anr glass send PM to member axer - he is selling those.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that tool, but have yet to use it. Only Tri-X seems a problem when scanning. When you use the tool, the negatives have to be scanned upside down, so remember to flip them in the software when scanning.

The software that comes with the scanner is very good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the purchase. I recently got the v700 and really like it. The Epson scan software is very simple to use.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I have that tool, but have yet to use it. Only Tri-X seems a problem when scanning. When you use the tool, the negatives have to be scanned upside down, so remember to flip them in the software when scanning.

The software that comes with the scanner is very good.

I'll be shooting Tri-X so I'll remember that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:
Congrats on the purchase. I recently got the v700 and really like it. The Epson scan software is very simple to use.

I looked at a V700 but the price was just too high right now. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Yebisu wrote:

I looked at a V700 but the price was just too high right now. Sad

Don't worry I didn't see better scan on medium format with V700 than V500 , you will love it same as me I am pretty sure.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V700 is slightly better in scanning slides than V500 is, but nothing to worry about if you scan just for yourself. V500 has the best price/quality ratio.

Big Dawg, I've just answered your PM.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I feel better about it now. All this is still new to me....or rather stuff I thought I'd given up for good around 1990. Laughing