Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FL 55 f1.2 fully reversible conversion to EF mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Canon FL 55 f1.2 fully reversible conversion to EF mount Reply with quote

Hi to all..

The lens is not mine.. but it's so beautiful. I think it's much nicer than FD 55 f1.2 SSC version.. and mechanically is simpler.

I had to go inside to clean one element.

This one is not a conversion -- this one was a ZEN exercise for me !..Smile

Because I am not an "UMBAUDOKUMENTATION" guy - just a few words -- all perfect with this conversion.

This lens is totally unharmed - only original infinity settings have been changed..

Infinity is spot on (tested on 5DMkII LiveView 10x magn.).
This is fully reversible conversion. No glue whatsoever. Aperture clicks at every stop like should be.

I really don't want to sound boastful now but I must say that I have mastered this conversion in full (including aperture mechanism) in such a way I have not done before Cool

in other words I am happy Smile

Last edited by trifox on Mon May 16, 2011 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! Well done!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Stan!
I've got you on my list when I need such a conversion.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great minds think alike Stan. When I gave my FL 55 1.2 to my father-in-law as a present to try to adapt to his 7D because I found it too heavy for my Sony NEX-5 choosing instead the nFD 50 1.2 I did not think he would take the one piece custom CNC machined brass adapter concept we used to make the EdMika EF-FD 0.75mm adapter that gives glassless infinity focus on FD 800 600 and 500 lenses and come up with a do-it-yourself conversion kit. I'm with you, keep the vintage gear safe and unharmed, let the mods be reversible. Here is a picture of the first production part http://www.flickr.com/photos/ontarian/5972666693/ I have 50 machined and the kits including the machined brass component with a dandelion chip, screwdriver and custom ordered small head diameter stainless screws from Japan go on sale within a week for well under 200 dollars including shipping worldwide.