Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Carenar 1.9/50mm (few images added)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Super Carenar 1.9/50mm (few images added) Reply with quote

Hi,

found the lens with Pentax-K mount this morning during a visit at my repair shop for 5 €. As far as I know was the name CARENAR a brand name of Porst, but don´t know which company manufactured this lens.

Anyway,not bad for a 5 € lens. Here few shots - nothing special. Will try it if the weather will be better.

I bought another lens this morning in the shop - a PORST Weitwinkel 3.5/35mm with M42 mount (or T2) for 2 €. It is more a plastic lens and I believe it was manufactured by ENNA at Munic.

The lens shot (first image) was taken with this Weitwinkel lens and Sony NEX-5. It has good sharpness but a lot of dust inside so before next shots I have to clean it.

Next 2 shots with K-5 and Super Carenar

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

below few images from my morning walk with this lens and K-5. All shots with f 5.6 or f 8 in RAW processed with ACR. Good sharpness in the center, a little bit soft in the corners but for 5 € nothing to grumble.

Thanks for viewing and if you like for comments.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks good especially the flower shots.
I had 2.8/55 Carenar in M42 some time ago. It was not something spectacular but quite nice for what it was worth (about 10 Eur ).
As this one Not a bad lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this looks like a very fine lens Rolf!
isn't it much fun taking good photos with gear that cost close to nothing?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
this looks like a very fine lens Rolf!

+1 Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots, Rolf.

They show that even those "noname" lenses are definitely good enough for images of that size.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-5 looks so sexy with battery grip awsome camera.