Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Toyo Tou Five star 500mm f8 questions (pics included)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Toyo Tou Five star 500mm f8 questions (pics included) Reply with quote

I bought this lens that the seller said (and the box also corroborates) has a Canon FD mount. I didn't bother looking inside the box when he handed it over, just assuming that all would be ok. But now I am a bit puzzled when I looked at the lens at home. See the pics.

(1) Do the pics show a canon fd-mount or is this a T-mount (with the FD-part completely missing? Notice there are 3-female openings (usually lens have 3 male projections). I need to buy the right adapter for my micro-four-thirds camera and not sure what to get at this point.

(2) In my copy, there is no "glass" until about 5-inches inside (see pic). In other words, there is about 5-inches of just empty tube. Is this what this 500mm lens is supposed to be like or is this copy missing glass element(s)?

TIA.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is Canon FD mount. Most probable a T2-FD adapter that unscrews from the end of the barrel to reveal T2 threads. Wink Long distance from mount to rear element in these 500/8 wonder tubes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
That is Canon FD mount. Most probable a T2-FD adapter that unscrews from the end of the barrel to reveal T2 threads. Wink Long distance from mount to rear element in these 500/8 wonder tubes.

Thank you for that info. I am surprised (but very pleased) that everything is as should be!

I will go ahead and get a fd-m43 adapter unless of course somebody can suggest a reason to remove the fd-adapter and try out a t2-m43 adapter.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new_berlin wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Thank you for that info. I am surprised (but very pleased) that everything is as should be!

I will go ahead and get a fd-m43 adapter unless of course somebody can suggest a reason to remove the fd-adapter and try out a t2-m43 adapter.

Thanks again.

Replacing the FD-adapter by a m4/3-adapter will make sure that the lens is more direct connected to the camera. Every extra adapter in between can make the combination less stabile.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toeteraar wrote:
new_berlin wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Thanks again.

Replacing the FD-adapter by a m4/3-adapter will make sure that the lens is more direct connected to the camera. Every extra adapter in between can make the combination less stabile.

Thanks, based on your sensible input, I just bought a t-adapter on the bay.

Until I saw your post (despite visualopsins previous help), I had not even screwed off the existing fd adapter. Looks like I am one of those guys who won't tinker with something unless absolutely necessary. Kind of sad. Smile