Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help me ID this lens please
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Help me ID this lens please Reply with quote

I bought this lens recently. I was told it was a night vision lens but the seller didn't know any more than that. It has an M42 mount, is approximately 100mm f2, and has no aperture. I did some research and found a pic of the lens attached to a sort of night vision scope with a pistol-style grip. I'm guessing it is Russian. I was hoping someone here could tell me something about this lens, like who made it and what decade it dates from?

I bought it after seeing some sample photos. It's great fun to shoot with, the crazy field curvature leaves gives you a sort of telephoto lensbaby effect:

Red three by thoughton, on Flickr

Helping hand by thoughton, on Flickr

Last edited by thoughton on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a lot of fun! Do you have any more photos of the lens?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I will have to take some photos of the lens, the one above is from the seller's original 'for sale' thread Embarassed

I forgot to add that the lens has no writing of any sort on it (that I can see, anyway).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IQ reminds me a bit of the 35/1.7 TV lens I use on my Nex Smile