Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vega-12B Aperture problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Vega-12B Aperture problem Reply with quote

Hello everybody.

Just recently I have bought two copies of the camera Saliut C. They where both used by one owner and are in mint condition. However there is a problem with both Vega-12B lenses. I can`t set the appertue. The ring moves easily ,but the blades stay still. What might be the problem , how can I fix it ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blades are oily. I'm 100% sure. I've fixed 5 of these lenses.

It's not difficult to disassemble but you have to know what to do. The aperture system is a little strange consisting of a long rotating rod with a grove down the entire length of it. This system is weak compared to a spring and can not overcome the oil.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check if there is a pin for the automatic diaphragm.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
The blades are oily. I'm 100% sure. I've fixed 5 of these lenses.

It's not difficult to disassemble but you have to know what to do. The aperture system is a little strange consisting of a long rotating rod with a grove down the entire length of it. This system is weak compared to a spring and can not overcome the oil.

Just as I thought. Thank you, I have repaired several lenses so I think I`ll be able to fix these 2 as well. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have the same problem, the pin entering the grove si sprung out.
Maybe you could give a repair step by step, themoleman342?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe you could give a repair step by step, themoleman342?

If I get another broken one, I will do so with pictures.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Common problem. Full repair manual with pics here: http://t-hex.livejournal.com/108412.html

If can't read Russian, use Google translator. Good luck fixing yours! I did it once, it's fairly easy as there are exactly none of those tiny screws. Even the ball bearing (only one) is so big it's hard to lose Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
Common problem. Full repair manual with pics here: http://t-hex.livejournal.com/108412.html

If can't read Russian, use Google translator. Good luck fixing yours! I did it once, it's fairly easy as there are exactly none of those tiny screws. Even the ball bearing (only one) is so big it's hard to lose Smile

Great thank you. I have a bad aperture on mine, but I don't think it is oily. It moves snappy when it moves, but is only moves tiny. After pushing the actuator like 100 times when set to f/22, it closes down further and further for every action to perhaps f/4 before it is dead stop. Perhaps some blade is bent!? Anyone else had similar experience?

By the way, does anyone know how to set the infinity focus correctly on this lens? Is is by moving front or rear group, or is there any other solution? I tried mounting it in another place on the helicoil and it worked, but then the scale is corrupted and also the hard infinity stop cannot be reached. There must be some other way around this.

BR
/T