Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First try with E.Echo Anastigmat 75mm enarger and Jupiter 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: First try with E.Echo Anastigmat 75mm enarger and Jupiter 11 Reply with quote

I bought a cheap M39 - M42 adapter ring to try my M39 lenses (not got around to selling them so I thought I'd just give them a try on my Canon 400D

Jupiter 11 (has a silly close min/max focus so only good for macro.

E.Echo Anastigmat 75mm. I used this on my M42 macro tubes 1 & 2 and used the threads of the tubes as a focus ring, then moved slightly back and forward until focus was attained. Some have missed the focus slightly.

Both were lacking contrast straight out of the camera, so have had levels and an unsharp mask applied in PP.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woowww! Pic #1 ... the sharpness is a big woww ... ! Smile
And the bokeh is gorgeous too ...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixland wrote:
Woowww! Pic #1 ... the sharpness is a big woww ... ! Smile
And the bokeh is gorgeous too ...

Thank you, I'm quite impressed with the results - especially since I was just snapping away in the garden!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realised the typo in the title! :doh:

*Enlarger!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice first pic. As a micro4/3 user i have some Jupiter lenses too, and they are surprisingly good for their price, and age !
The enlarger lens produces pleasing results too, but i suppose it will flare like crazy in presence of any highlight since it wouldnt be coated at all, hence the low contrast.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surefoot wrote:
Very nice first pic. As a micro4/3 user i have some Jupiter lenses too, and they are surprisingly good for their price, and age !
The enlarger lens produces pleasing results too, but i suppose it will flare like crazy in presence of any highlight since it wouldnt be coated at all, hence the low contrast.

Thank you.

The on of my son (upside down on the slide) was taken with the sun behind me, the ones of my daughter were taken at 90 degrees to the sun and had much less contrast. The ones taken with the sun behind the subject were deleted as they were not salvageable.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always add a hood.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
You could always add a hood.

I was considering making one with some black card to just push over the end.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupiter-11 RF is a great lens on right camera , I suggest to take a mirror less camera or/and use it with film.