Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A true classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: A true classic Reply with quote

I have no time for photography..

But I had to take a picture of this box. It arrived from the States.

This is the most beautiful vintage box for lens I have ever had. Smile

It's absolutely amazing reading all these words together:
Canon, Japan, Tokyo!

The graphic design and typography are truly amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red Han text says "Tax free export product"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:

really??

I was curious about the text - I was going to ask our member Koji but you're first

thanks.

tf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondering sometimes what we can read on Chinese made T-shirts at Chinese markets Laughing for example I am an ass* I can't read Chinese etc Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
stingOM wrote:

really??

I was curious about the text - I was going to ask our member Koji but you're first

thanks.

tf

Yeah, I am Chinese. A lot of Japanese texts have been corrupted by Chinese Han text. I am sure koji can verify.

Check this out:
http://translate.google.com/translate_t?hl=&ie=UTF-8&text=tax+free+export%0D%0A&sl=en&tl=zh-TW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I wondering sometimes what we can read on Chinese made T-shirts at Chinese markets Laughing for example I am an ass* I can't read Chinese etc Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Don't worry. I often see them at work here. They are fine. I have not seen any thing nasty like promoting Hitler, or I am Fxxking stupid, etc...Wink

Last edited by stingOM on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know thanks Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:

Yeah, I am Chinese. A lot of Japanese texts have been corrupted by Chinese Han text. I am sure koji can verify.

Hey Sting, I studied Japanese for years -- can't read much of it anymore because it's been too long. But it's my understanding that the Japanese borrowed the Chinese characters intact, and even adopted the original Chinese sounds for the characters into the Japanese language (called "on readings", as opposed to "kun readings," which are those in which Japanese words are used). So I'm somewhat confused by what you mean by "corrupted"?

stingOM wrote:
Don't worry. I often see them at work here. They are fine. I have not seen any thing nasty like promoting Hitler, or I am Fxxking stupid, etc...Wink

Wish I could say the same here in the States. This sort of thing has been known to happen here. Sometimes I can't believe the gullibility of kids who will get a part of their body permanently altered based entirely upon word of mouth as to what a Chinese text tattoo says. My nephew was lucky. The one he got has the meaning he expected it to have. But he was just going by word of mouth too.

Anyway, sorry for straying OT. Nice box, TriFox. Hey, I picked up a Kyoei Super Acalll 135mm f/3.5 in M39 mount a while back and was very surprised when it came in its plush-lined box. Pretty worn out -- the box that is, the lens is fine -- but I was amazed that it had survived.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not long ago, I have sold such a lens for little money.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:

That would be a nice tattoo! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
stingOM wrote:

That would be a nice tattoo! Smile

Ha ha, good idea! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
stingOM wrote:

Hey Sting, I studied Japanese for years -- can't read much of it anymore because it's been too long. But it's my understanding that the Japanese borrowed the Chinese characters intact, and even adopted the original Chinese sounds for the characters into the Japanese language (called "on readings", as opposed to "kun readings," which are those in which Japanese words are used). So I'm somewhat confused by what you mean by "corrupted"?

Hi,
Well, I am no expert in Japanese literature. Just expressing my 2 cent opinion... Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as boxes go, that's a very attractive one Stan Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
As far as boxes go, that's a very attractive one Stan Laughing

ha!

but that's the point!

The box exactly reflects the times where all used to be vintage - not only box but the content too.. Smile

People worked hardly but all was great! Now -- billions of craps in with no soul! Smile

tf