Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voightlander Vito Automatic 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Voightlander Vito Automatic 1 Reply with quote

Picked up a Voightlander Vito Automatic 1 on Saturday. It needs repairs I'm simply not capable of, so I decided to photograph it and flip it and hope I break even. This isn't a particularly attractive camera, like a folding camera or many modern DSLRs, but some of these photos revealed a beauty in awkwardness that reminds us that imperfection presents great visual appeal.

The camera, slightly oblique. It's in fantastic cosmetic condition, but the aperture and light meter are non-functional.

The light meter

A fairly nice logo

The lens, with a super-fast 1/125th of a second shutter speed. ZIPPY!

A perfect lens waiting to take pictures, disappointed by the aperture spring rattling around loose inside the lens.

The focusing ring

Something called DIN, from back in the day when ISO was still called ASA

A lens not super well suited for bright, daylight photography.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone bump this to the equipment gallery? I thought I was in a different place when I wrote this.