Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EliteChrome - First experience with slide film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: EliteChrome - First experience with slide film Reply with quote

This is my first experience with slide film Laughing

Yashica FX-3
Sonnar T* 2,8/135 MMJ
Kodak EliteChrome 100
Scan with Epson V200

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job dan. i love elite chrome. i find it very realistic in color profile and easy to use re metering. its also reasonably priced and comes in 24 exposure, which i also like. how do you rate your first experience?
tony

Last edited by rbelyell on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
nice job dan. i love elite chrome. i find it very realistic in color profile and easy to use re metering. its also reasonablt priced and comes in 24 exposure, which i also like. how do you rate your first experience?
tony

+1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great portrait, superb rendering with the slide, the V200 seems good enough

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for yours comments. It is the first time working with slide and the results are impressive Very Happy

Seeing the film in hand is wonderful! what colors! the problem is the scanning, the pictures lose sharpness and color. It seems that the backlight scanner haven't strength and the pictures are underexposed. It is the reason that the image is a little noise or grain, for overexposed in Lightroom.

Any recommendations? Thanks!!

More pictures, in this case with Planar T* 1,7/50 AEJ

PS1: I've used Tetenal E-6 kit develop Wink
PS2: I'm sorry, my English is very poor.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dani9batan wrote:
...the problem is the scanning, the pictures lose sharpness and color. It seems that the backlight scanner haven't strength and the pictures are underexposed. It is the reason that the image is a little noise or grain, for overexposed in Lightroom.

Any recommendations? Thanks!!

You results are actually pretty decent. Unfurtunately there is no cheap way of digitalisiation which gets anything out of slides. Only very expensive scanners (Hasseblad scanners etc.) are reaching the quality of a good projection.
Good @ comparable cheap method is photography of the slides with a high-end repro or macro lens (like Apo-Rodagon-D 75/4) with different exosure times and compiling them with an HDR Software. But that would take time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't use any more similar title [Elitchrome... it is not search engine friendly Sad I did fix title to proper one.