Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Purple flares with Samyang 8mm F3,5?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Purple flares with Samyang 8mm F3,5? Reply with quote

Hello, I recently noticed that the flares of this usually very flare-resistant lens are blue/purple nearly all the time.

On a festival I took some shots with UV-lightbulbs in the picture some days ago.
They are all producing interesting flares

The coating seems to reflect a big part of the ~400nm light.
Anyone seen something like this before? How would this look like with an camera with removed UV-filter?

Last edited by ForenSeil on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very colourful. I see the flares as pink/purple. Nice!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I've seen something like that with this lens before.

Did you have any filters in front on the lens? Does it even take filters? It's pretty cool either way!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine doesn't have a filter thread nor have I noticed blue or violet flares. I think in your case the color is given by the rigged lamps.

My flares look like:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe your flood light does not produce not enough light of the corresponding wavelengths. Question

With my camera (A550) the blue/purple flare is pretty often dominant in my pictures (also in sunlight or also with some street lighting). Maybe it has something to do with the internal filter of the camera or the white balance or.... I've no idea Wink

ManualFocus-G wrote:
I'm sure I've seen something like that with this lens before.

Do you mean the problem I've mentioned with purple fringing/chromatic aberration in this thread: http://forum.mflenses.com/purple-fringing-with-samyang-8mm-t38844,highlight,%2Bsamyang+%2B8mm.html Question

ManualFocus-G wrote:

Did you have any filters in front on the lens? Does it even take filters? It's pretty cool either way!!!

Thanks
Unfortunately there's no way to attach filters on this lens Sad . Maybe it's possible to use it on a NEX/MFT with a filter on the inside of the adapter. But of course I still love this lens Cool

Bye the way, the Minolta MD Rokkor 50mm F1,4 handles the flares without a big problem, only very little red chromatical aberrations are visible:

(on another floor)

While with a modern Sony SAL50F18 the flares of the black light bulbs are small but look very very reddish to me! Question Laughing very weird; can someone explain that?

(token one day later)

Smile Question