Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Acropolis Rally 2011
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Acropolis Rally 2011 Reply with quote

All pics taken with my Kodak DCS pro SLR/n, first two using the 300 ED-IF Nikkor @ f/2.8, last one with the 35 f/2 Nikkor.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

300 ED-IF Nikkor again, wide-open @ f/2.0.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's something for the "revheads" (like my son)!
Great shots Spyros!!

Last edited by kds315* on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there´s no help for me.. lancia is the best.. even if eldest Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
there´s no help for me.. lancia is the best.. even if eldest Laughing

Ι couldn't agree more! That's why I parked my Lancia just outside the SS and appropriately framed pic #3 in order to show the glory of the past vs the "golden mediocrity" of the present...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Now that's something for the "revheads" (liek my son)!
Great shots Spyros!!

Ha ha, indeed so!

Many thanks, glad you like it, hope your son likes it as well.
Over the 3 days of the event I shot a few tons of digi-pics (plus 5 slide films that await development, but alas, so little time available...).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor 35 f/2.0:

Nikkor 300 ED-IF f/2.0:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOP TOP TOP images.
LOVE the WRC......we've got a Focus RS in our garage....300HP & 440NM in a Focus is pretty good!
Cheers, Pickles.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4th picture is this thread is just amazing, well done.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the shot of the lone Delta Integrale (or is that a Delta Evo -- not sure) in front of the mountain. It looks like it just wants to GO.

Does Lancia still hold the record for most rally victories for a single manufacturer? (Thanks to the Delta.)

It's too bad American racing is about as interesting as a whipped cream pie.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely captures and i am green with envy at your lancia deltacone of my childhood wanted cars but far to expensive here in the uk now as they where made out of soap and dissolved over here in the rain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your kind comments!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
I like the shot of the lone Delta Integrale (or is that a Delta Evo -- not sure) in front of the mountain. It looks like it just wants to GO.

Indeed, it' s a Delta HF Integrale Evo I.

David wrote:
Does Lancia still hold the record for most rally victories for a single manufacturer? (Thanks to the Delta.).

Not anymore I'm afraid. Latvala's victory in New Zealand back in May 2010 gave Ford their 75th victory and the top place, leaving Lancia in second with 74 victories (all between 1974 and 1992). Ford in the meantime scored another two, now they are 77 in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Lovely captures and i am green with envy at your lancia deltacone of my childhood wanted cars but far to expensive here in the uk now as they where made out of soap and dissolved over here in the rain

C'mon now, you don't take Daily Mirror's statements seriously, do you?