Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens Mount/Adapter Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Lens Mount/Adapter Question Reply with quote

So I have four lenses (three Vivitar one Soligor) with this type of lens system.

What is this called and is there a Pentax K adapter?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar TX, or TX 4 , I am sure available in PK. I had Nikon,Olympus OM , M42 , Minolta. I guess I still have Nikon and OM, common item seek ebay.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - TX or T4 mount:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vivitar-TX-Lens-Mount-Adapter-Pentax-K-series-/230635569289?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b2f38089

Big Dawg seems to be the member here who knows lots about these lenses Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are these things always so expensive?!? Agh. At least I have two for Minolta to sell.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is 17 USD is expensive to you ?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems cheap to me to use your lenses...

Sell your Minolta versions (now used by the M4/3 crowd) and spend the money on a PK Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheapest way to get these adapters is look for a lens that has the one you want. You can easily identify them because of the latch button.

Also, the PK mount is one of the hardest to find. They were made for the TX only, not the T4. (T4 and TX are mostly interchangable for our purposes)

Look for an M42 T4 lens. They are very common, particularly the 90-230 zoom.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have owned just one T4 lens, a Vivitar-Tokina 28/2.8 with a bothersome aperture ring and a T4-M42 adapter. I bought it for US$14 and sold it for US$49. I guess someone *really* wanted that adapter!