Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Feinmess Dresden Bonotar 105/f4.5 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Feinmess Dresden Bonotar 105/f4.5 M42 Reply with quote

I've seen few posts here showing the Exakta version so here is the M42 one. You don't see this lens on sell very often, IMHO it's simply not very well known. I think it's an average lens in term of IQ but cool looking Smile. Got this for $30 in very good condition with the original leather box about 6 months ago. This is my first time trying it though.

Below are pictures taken from the lens wide open. Only contrast was applied during PP from RAW.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! beautiful silver lens and superb portraits of your son

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely portraits of your son ducdao, mind you I think he's contemplating certain wage/salary negotions for modelling duties.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a triplet? Either way I like the results. Triplets can be very sharp and fun to use!

By the way, you got the focus right in the photos of your son. That's a remarkable achievement, considering the fact that kids are very fast and never seem able to stand still (even if you ask them) Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the IQ of the pictures you took, nevertheless it looks better than the pictures it takes =p

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for for the nice comments guys! Indeed, every model deserves to be paid for their "hard work" Smile In this case, I'm giving my son a nice little cup of frozen yogurt as compensation for work delivered Smile he loves it. Also, he and his older brother will certainly inherit my nice little collection of over 450+ lenses. Hopefully, they will make good use of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Is this a triplet? Either way I like the results. Triplets can be very sharp and fun to use!

By the way, you got the focus right in the photos of your son. That's a remarkable achievement, considering the fact that kids are very fast and never seem able to stand still (even if you ask them) Smile

Re triplet, I have no idea and I don't know how to find out for sure.

Indeed, it takes a lot of patience to get good in-focus shots with my little one. He is 13-month old and seems never stand still. My success rate is about 50% and hopefully will increase as he gets older Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ducdao wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

Indeed, it takes a lot of patience to get good in-focus shots with my little one. He is 13-month old and seems never stand still. My success rate is about 50% and hopefully will increase as he gets older Smile

Finding out if it's a triplet is easy: if all the lens elements seem to be situated at the front of the lens then it's a triplet for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
ducdao wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

Finding out if it's a triplet is easy: if all the lens elements seem to be situated at the front of the lens then it's a triplet for sure.

Ah, that was a really easy one Smile So yes, it's a triplet!

I just learn a new thing today. Thanks, Peter!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Originally this lens was made for 6X9 folding cameras, then remounted in a focussing mount for the 35mm SLR.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Love the bokeh of this triplet! Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens. I've only seen the Bonotar mounted on a folding camera.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own the same lens in M42 but have never put it on camera yet,judging by the excellent photo's it takes I will have to take it out soon.