Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A few snaps (Telear-N 3.5/200)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: A few snaps (Telear-N 3.5/200) Reply with quote

Got bored yesterday and decided to dig-out an old lens from storage that I never got a chance to try out.
My initial thoughts were that the wide open performance of f/3.5 was likely more hype than function.
And so I began testing on the wide open end of things.

To my surprise... the TELEAR-N 200/3.5 turned-out to be above average wide open in fact.
Better(sharpness, CA and Flare control) than most all of my other 200, safe a * rated lens that worth much much more though with less close focus ability.

Anyways, I will likely row through the aperture later on today to conclude my testing.
Though based on what I've seen(to date), min. close focusing and wide open performance make this a desirable MF lens.

The lens in question:

Typical Output(slight crop) taken aprox: 15' distance:

Crop 1:

Crop 2:

Image taken in RAW/DNG(Pentax K-5), processed in Raw-Therapee r3.0B1.33/PS CS5

Cheers

Last edited by JohnBee on Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:34 am; edited 6 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly looks damn sharp to me! And color and contrast too. Thx for sharing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: And another Reply with quote

Here's another(wide open) while testing minimum focus. If memory serves, this was "almost" as close as I could get but there was a bog in my way.

Might be a good candidate for a Raynox 150:

Scene: (slight crop):

100% Crop:

Last edited by JohnBee on Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice presentation ! I had this lens same time with Nikkor 200mm macro and Nikor 200mm AIS difference was little but visible , nice lens anyway I did like it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice presentation ! I had this lens same time with Nikkor 200mm macro and Nikor 200mm AIS difference was little but visible , nice lens anyway I did like it.

Thanks Attila!

The lens came as total surprise to me in fact.

I purchased it with a Nikon mount, but it also came with an M42 interchangeable mount.
Overall I'd say the lens was well worth the asking price. Which was aprox. 80 USD at the time.

Here's another snap taken in backlighting which I think was wide open as well. And CA/Fringing is very good.
Though, I think Raw-Therapee, is playing a hand in that.

Backlighting:

Last edited by JohnBee on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the hidden gem for sure almost any Russian lenses fit into this category.
Have you tried Tair-11A 135mm f2.8 it will be a good pair of this lens and in longer focal length I also recommend Tair 300 (not photosniper version, that is not handy)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
One of the hidden gem for sure almost any Russian lenses fit into this category.
Have you tried Tair-11A 135mm f2.8 it will be a good pair of this lens and in longer focal length I also recommend Tair 300 (not photosniper version, that is not handy)

I will definitely add those to my shopping list(sounds like fun)!
Okay one last one for the road, and then I'm done Wink

Getting into it:

Last edited by JohnBee on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a great bokeh , colors ans sharpness just perfect for portraits.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Such a great bokeh , colors ans sharpness just perfect for portraits.

You know I totally agree with you!
The more images I look at from this lens, the better they seem to get!
I think I have an all new favorite outdoor MF portrait lens Very Happy
The lens is small, lightweight with way above average wide open performance.

Tomorrow, I will test the rest of the Aperture and see how sharp this little gem can actually get!