Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First Picture post here
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: First Picture post here Reply with quote

Hi All,

This weekend just gone i was hoping to get out with my new (old) manual lenses, but the weather, among other thing, stopped me getting out. I hadn't used a manual focus for 18yrs, so i was determined to at least get a few shots off.

i'm very pleased with the results so far. it makes you feel good that you focused the lens, not just letting a af sensor choose. i can see how these old lenses can become addictive.

All these shot were with the Helios 44m.

110606-21.jpg by JW_Photographic, on Flickr

110611-37.jpg by JW_Photographic, on Flickr

110611-26.jpg by JW_Photographic, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a nice baby! did you used a tripod

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done i like the 3rd one great expresion and well caught, Addictive you say.
I just cant stop buying lenses at the moment. For example the other day i wanted a hood and a camera bag for the NEX and it happened to be the bag i wanted along with an old yashica fx-d with a 50mm F2 attached thrown in well thats what i tell the wife along with a Industar 50/2 i picked up in a boot sale for next to nothing.
But was annoyed when i missed out on a carl zeiss 35mm F2.4 that sold for £10 along with 2 other lenses and a body on ebay (my interent died as it was ending) went with 1 bid
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/packtica-B100-electronic-/260795798711?pt=UK_Film_Cameras&hash=item3cb8a414b7#ht_500wt_1156
Shocked Shocked

Last edited by eddieitman on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
what a nice baby! did you used a tripod

Thanks,
No they were all handheld, which was quite difficult with my daughter running around and me still learning with a manual lens.